Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux 2.6.37 Kernel Nears Completion

Phoronix: The Linux 2.6.37 Kernel Nears Completion

With it being just over a week since the release of Linux 2.6.37-rc5, Linus Torvalds has this evening put out Linux 2.6.37-rc7. This seventh release candidate to the Linux 2.6.37 kernel is just packing regression fixes as it nears completion...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The URL for the poulsbo driver is misleading as always, since it provides absolutely no graphics support, just backlighting...

Comment

Are you sure that it is rc7? I thought that he would do rc6 first.

Comment

Yeah, that's a typo.

Comment

Then you need s/seventh/sixth/g too

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: The Linux 2.6.37 Kernel Nears Completion

With it being just over a week since the release of Linux 2.6.37-rc5, Linus Torvalds has this evening put out Linux 2.6.37-rc7. This seventh release candidate to the Linux 2.6.37 kernel is just packing regression fixes as it nears completion...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkxOQ
            2.6.36 was the first time I ever had to roll-back.

CPU core usage reported as "NaN%", shortly followed by a very abrupt freeze.

And this is on-topic because I'm looking forward to 2.6.37

Comment

I heard of 2.6.36.2 ati regressions in some games, but since 2.6.37 rc5 i think the new kernel is in good enough shape. I run it on 4 systems now. Only a netbook with realtek n chipset has much better wlan using .32 kernel...

Comment

Working...
              X