• deanjo
    replied
    You can see that there is still a shitload of USB support issues

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Where is your bug report?
    Can't find my specific one but here is one with the same issue. 3 years and counting.....

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Where is your bug report?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Did you report your error in the bugtracker?
    Long time ago, doesn't really worry me though as VMware works. Not really motivated enough if I have a working solution. I've always have had better luck with the alternatives then with virtualbox for a number of things over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Did you report your error in the bugtracker?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
    Have you used "USB filter" for your Hauppauge HD PVR? It should work. USB filter gives the guest raw access to the USB device. Even if the host has no drivers, it is no problem. The guest gets raw access.
    Yes I have tried that as well. For me it seems at least anything that is not either a mouse, usb converter, drive or printer will not properly recognize with Virtualbox. As I said before, VMware (and actually Parallels as well) have no issue with those devices.

Leave a comment:

• kebabbert
    replied
    Have you used "USB filter" for your Hauppauge HD PVR? It should work. USB filter gives the guest raw access to the USB device. Even if the host has no drivers, it is no problem. The guest gets raw access.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    And it was active in the settings? Basically it should work. A printer usually works with 1.1 too. I hope you are in the vboxuser group? That's required.
    Yes to all of the above Kano. BTW it isn't limited to just the linux host as well, Windows host to windows guest has the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    And it was active in the settings? Basically it should work. A printer usually works with 1.1 too. I hope you are in the vboxuser group? That's required.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Did you install the addons for usb 2 support?
    Of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X