Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PostgreSQL 9.0 Is Now Available

Phoronix: PostgreSQL 9.0 Is Now Available

While we have yet to see any official release announcement, if you browse the PostgreSQL FTP server you can now find the final packages for PostgreSQL 9.0.0. This major update to PostgreSQL brings easy-to-use replication, mass permission-changing, anonymous code blocks, enhanced stored procedure support, exclusion constraints, deferrable unique constraints, and a variety of other enhancements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ooooh. Our company probably won't migrate to this for a little while but I'd like to hear other people's experiences.

Comment

I don't think there are so important improvement for a major jump, though probably they moved the first digit because of some incompatibilities.

I'm glad to finally see an easy way to have one R/W master with RO salves!

Comment

Postgres is great, I've used it daily for about five years now. If anyone is using mysql and doesn't like it for some reason, give postgres a go. I'm not trying to start a flamewar, but I do love postgres. The words that come to mind when I think of it are "predictable, consistent and solid" It's never let me down. I started on version 8, versions 7 and below did seem to have some quirkiness to them, but thats all in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
          Postgres is great, I've used it daily for about five years now. If anyone is using mysql and doesn't like it for some reason, give postgres a go. I'm not trying to start a flamewar, but I do love postgres. The words that come to mind when I think of it are "predictable, consistent and solid" It's never let me down. I started on version 8, versions 7 and below did seem to have some quirkiness to them, but thats all in the past.
          I'd like to echo this. We switched from MySQL about a year ago and we've never looked back. PostGIS also is particularly awesome.

Comment

64 Bit

My colleague just told me about 9.0. He said that it will finally bring a 64 bit install with it.

I don't work with postgres directly (more a mysql guy), I do have to troubleshoot and develop with it from time to time. I really like some of the features it has.

Comment

Working...
            X