No announcement yet.

KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is ok KDE fanbois, no one will take your KDE away from you... Easy now... have a cookie!

I like that comment about win 95, it made me laugh... My GNOME environment looks far more slick than default KDE... This comment only shows the ignorance of KDE fanbois, plus the fact that they only really care about looks.

Just an excercise for all those who can add numbers: Find every KDE launch anouncement and add the number of bugs fixed. Add them. And tell us what you think...

The reality is that KDE was, is, and always will be buggier than GNOME. It is because they use c++...

Comment

Fanbois trying to reassure themselves. Of course your DE is the best, and the other guy's DE sucks so bad. It is so bugged and not innovative at all!

Doesn't matter if 9 Linux users out of 10 can't tell the difference between Gnome and KDE. You do, and that's what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by that guy View Post
        Fanbois trying to reassure themselves. Of course your DE is the best, and the other guy's DE sucks so bad. It is so bugged and not innovative at all!

Doesn't matter if 9 Linux users out of 10 can't tell the difference between Gnome and KDE. You do, and that's what matters.
        are you sure they are *linux* users?

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
          are you sure they are *linux* users?
          Shut up, templar. You probably don't even know what C++ is. More bugs? What? Are you retarded?

Comment

I'll give this a try soon. I like some of the ideas, certainly, but, as always with KDE4, my concern is the stability.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
              I'll give this a try soon. I like some of the ideas, certainly, but, as always with KDE4, my concern is the stability.
              In the 4.5 anauncement on KDE Dot News there's LiveCD

Comment

Since upgrading from KDE 4.4.x -> 4.5.0 my compositing desktop went terrible slow. The lags during every operation were even that slow that kwin decided to trigger disabling of 3D compositing effects after a while.

If I disable the blurry transparent windows effect ("Verwischen" in german) speed is back to normal. Is there a better fix? Can't use free Radeon drivers - they crash my laptop twice a day.

. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x86-64
                . ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400
                . KDE 4.5.0 ppa
                . Catalyst 10.6 + 10.7 tested

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
                  I've been liking KDE 4 since 4.2.x and I keep checking it out every once in a while but until they fix dual head separate X screens, that is make such a setup possible again, in KDE 4 I just simply can't switch to it full time.
                  Are you sure it's KDE thing? Seprate screens for each head (aka Zaphod mode) is amatter of configuration ox X server trough xorg.conf. Currently both Gnome and KDE are managing displays with xrandr which doesn't support that. In Xrandr world, both displays are on the same screen on one large pixmap. Actually it's xrandr 1.4 specs that provide separate pixmap per screen. IIRC this version of xrand is part of not released xserver 1.9 and supported just by latest inel drivers (also not releases iirc).

Also in Zaphod mode you have no accel for screens so performance would suck badly.

BTW did you know that now (KDE 4.4) you have separate activity per screen? So you can have different wallpaters and set of panels/plasmoids on each screen? I believe that's closest to your ideal setup that you can get with xrandr for now.

Comment

Originally posted by 7oby View Post
                    If I disable the blurry transparent windows effect ("Verwischen" in german) speed is back to normal. Is there a better fix? Can't use free Radeon drivers - they crash my laptop twice a day.
                    Have you tried an 'up-to-date' mesa driver?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                      Shut up, templar. You probably don't even know what C++ is. More bugs? What? Are you retarded?
                      I just know c++ sucks. It is all that matters...

While you are busy posting on internet forums i am busy programming and i have not that post count of yours... Try not to underestimate a person's computer science knowledge just because they have a different opinion...

Comment

Working...
                      X