Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Phoronix: KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Following a brief delay, KDE Software Compilation 4.5 was released this morning. This semi-annual update to the KDE desktop and related packages brings new releases of the Plasma Desktop and Netbook workspaces, KDE WebKit support within the Konqueror web-browser, usabiliy refinements to Plasma for providing an improved user experience, and a plethora of other improvements and bug fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is that it?

The most exciting KDE release of the whole 4.x series and that's the best you can do?

We get more details on every alpha, beta and RC of every subcomponent of GNOME than that!

Come on Michael KDE deserves a bit better than that no?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Is that it?

The most exciting KDE release of the whole 4.x series and that's the best you can do?

We get more details on every alpha, beta and RC of every subcomponent of GNOME than that!

Come on Michael KDE deserves a bit better than that no?
      Yes and this is sad. Maybe at h-online there will be some more informative article.

Comment

I just love kde4......... it reached the almost "perfect feature-rich" state.

Gnome on the contrary reached the almost "essential but working" state.

They both have their reasons to exist.

Comment

Yeah it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Is that it?

This release has countless small improvements with only a handful of bigger ones.

Comment

Originally posted by KAMiKAZOW View Post
              This release has countless small improvements with only a handful of bigger ones.
              Less than GNOME 2.xx minor versions?

Comment

Yay finally! Just today (still using RC3, not upgraded yet) I discovered a very nice new feature in KDE 4.5. If you open the System Monitor and right click on a process there is a new option that displays a very nice detailed memory information about the process.

Comment

I'm a programmer, so I will concentrate here on kdelibs

KSharedDataCache is very impressive. In fact, I was experimenting with something similar not so long time ago. Even some implementation details are similar. But this implementation is surely more mature and featureful (including eviction mechanism). Such a cache was requirement for my long-standing project (web engine written in C++ instead of PHP, etc), so now I'll be back to my work. Thank you, KDE

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                    Yay finally! Just today (still using RC3, not upgraded yet) I discovered a very nice new feature in KDE 4.5. If you open the System Monitor and right click on a process there is a new option that displays a very nice detailed memory information about the process.
                    Nice find!!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X