Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.2 Officially Released With 23,000+ Changes

Phoronix: Wine 1.2 Officially Released With 23,000+ Changes

While a month late, Wine 1.2 has been officially released today. This is the second major stable release of Wine following the 1.0 release over two years ago. Over the course of two years the developers have committed more than 23,000 changes to this release!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think they only fixed a single blocker since rc7. :/

Also, very few people use WINE stable releases, so for the vast majority of users, such as myself, this is not 23,000+ changes. It is only a handful. I was on wine 1.2_rc7 before this and before the 1.2 RCs, I was using WINE 1.1.44.

Comment

By the way, does anyone have a changelog for the changes since rc7?

Comment

greatly enhanced Direct3D support.
        Dude, please fix this to be "enhanced D3DX support" or something.
        D3DX is a totally different area than Direct3D... Or at least it gives the wrong impression to end users.

Comment

Unless you were referring to the initial Direct3D 10 support, which I wouldn't call "greatly enhanced" in that case...

Comment

23 000 changes in two years that is ca. 30 changes per day and I think it's nice result.

The bad thing is that version 1.2 doesn't incorporate all goodness of version 1.0 (e.g. DirectDraw).

Comment

Could you be more specific with regard to that? I thought that the WINE project strives to add support, not to remove it.

Comment

Oh well, apparently you were referring to both, just read the "DirectX 9.0 specification stuff", which actually should be "D3DX9 library"... (sorry for spamming, but edit window...)

Comment

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
                  I think they only fixed a single blocker since rc7. :/

Well, duh, that's how RC's work. If you do make a bunch of fixes to an RC, you release another RC. Only when you have no fixes needed (or very, very few, and minor at that), do you release the final.

Comment

41 blocker bugs had not been fixed, yet they released wine 1.2 anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X