Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALSA 1.0.23 Is Here With Better Linux Audio

Phoronix: ALSA 1.0.23 Is Here With Better Linux Audio

As the first update in 2010, ALSA 1.0.23 has been released this morning to replace ALSA 1.0.22 that was released last December. Like usual, this update to the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture brings mostly individual driver fixes but there is also support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 and a few ALSA core fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Alsa support for oxygen driver is excellent!

Comment

Well, I've still problems with my Asus Xonar D2X, even on the latest Kubuntu 10.04. Like no proper 7.1 sound...

Comment

Originally posted by izual View Post
        Well, I've still problems with my Asus Xonar D2X, even on the latest Kubuntu 10.04. Like no proper 7.1 sound...
        Use pulseaudio in case you don't.

Comment

ALSA is moving nowhere. Sucks as hard as it always did and it's definitely not "Here With Better Linux Audio". Rather "Here With The Usual Brain Damage".

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            ALSA is moving nowhere. Sucks as hard as it always did and it's definitely not "Here With Better Linux Audio". Rather "Here With The Usual Brain Damage".
            Why? Please explain why instead of just saying alsa isn't moving anywhere.

Comment

Does anybody actually care about creative xfi? Seems to me that this is not only a "screw you" hardware, it is also ANCIENT and therefore IRRELEVANT.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
                Don't feed the OSS troll. ALSA is fine.

Comment

I really don't understand why are people bitching about alsa,...I have problem with audio only when App. doesn't support pulse-audio and that's it,...every thing about alsa works across 5 PC-s that I have and 2 Macs(my friend has it),...modyfing app that doesn't work to use alsa solves all problems,...soooo...I must switch to OSS4 ??!!! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X