Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Few different points:

* Not everyone sees that bug. It doesn't happen in all cases. Hence the priority is low

* An updated image has already been released

* Every mainstream distribution is already using PackageKit or in the process of moving over. So switching distros is hardly the solution

* Just in case, you were not aware, Fedora has had extensive discussions recently about release and QA policies.

* It isn't just Red Hat. Fedora at this point is largely volunteer driven.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
      Hi

Few different points:

* Not everyone sees that bug. It doesn't happen in all cases. Hence the priority is low

* An updated image has already been released

* Every mainstream distribution is already using PackageKit or in the process of moving over. So switching distros is hardly the solution

* Just in case, you were not aware, Fedora has had extensive discussions recently about release and QA policies.

* It isn't just Red Hat. Fedora at this point is largely volunteer driven.

Hope that helps.
      That's great, thanks for the info. Red Hat is at the tippy top of the decision making though, is it not? Maybe they need to redefine their goals a bit or something. All the luck in the world to Red Hat, RHEL, the community, and Fedora though regardless of who is driving its goals. I'd like to see them do very well, and hope Fedora can do better in the future.

I saw the update error 2 out of 2 times I installed F12, so in any case I'm glad they got it fixed. ^^

Comment

Hi,

To answer the question requires a quick crash course on Fedora governance. Fedora has a board where the majority members are community elected, some members are appointed by Red Hat and a Fedora engineering steering committee which is fully elected.

If you read the link I posted, you will see that it has a target audience definition that is part of it. So what you suggest has already been done.

Comment

Working...
        X