X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    Originally posted by pejakm View Post
    I agree, it would be interesting to see Tux3 in action. However, Tux3 is still in very experimental state, question is would it work at all?
    Yes I think basic read/write and such works, but I don't know how much progress is being made on it or how much interest there is in comparison to BTRFS or what features each has or what kind of performance they have or will have.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
    Whahaha, look at all you guys getting totally worked up about filesystems. Linux has major issues in a lot of area's and the filesystem area isn't one of them. Why don't you guys start coding or paying a programmer to do something useful?

Leave a comment:

• filip007
    replied
    WIki pedia said that Raiser is faster on 4k files, so for the net browsing should be good than.

I get about 3% faster with Chrome web pages read out.

Leave a comment:

• MaestroMaus
    replied
    Whahaha, look at all you guys getting totally worked up about filesystems. Linux has major issues in a lot of area's and the filesystem area isn't one of them. Why don't you guys start coding or paying a programmer to do something useful?

Leave a comment:

• TobiG77
    replied
    Hi,

It would have really been nice if you'd also included XFS and JFS in the test. Personally I am a big fan of XFS as an allrounder.

Especially from XFS I'd expect a well balanced performance in those tests. Prove me wrong!

Leave a comment:

• pejakm
    replied
    Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT TUX3 HOW DARE U!!!!111

j/k
    I agree, it would be interesting to see Tux3 in action. However, Tux3 is still in very experimental state, question is would it work at all?

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Reiser sucks. Get over it.
    Who cares for Reiser? We talk for the filesystem here and for sure it has good potential.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    That was a really interesting article!
    Thanks a ton!

Leave a comment:

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT TUX3 HOW DARE U!!!!111

j/k

Leave a comment:

• pejakm
    replied
    Originally posted by energyman View Post
    How can you even can come up with the ida that extracting patches from a very experimental and very untested kernel is a good idea?
    I wouldn't call zen-stable branch very experimental, especially very untested. (In case you are not familiar with what zen kernel offers: http://zen-kernel.org/2.6.33-zen1-dust-remover)

I'm not very skilled with git, but I'll try to extract reiser4 patches and then compare it with Edwards (found here: ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kerne...eiser4-for-2.6). It would be interesting to see the differences, don't you think so?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X