No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta 3 Comes w/o 64-bit Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube and Vimeo supporting HTML 5, the iPhone (*spit*) not supporting Flash ... Flash is just so going to die and it will be a better web without it.

Comment

Originally posted by leidola View Post
      Which is slow and makes plug-ins crashing. I had to disable it...
      How can it be slow? As for plug-ins crashing, it's limited to Flash because of an XEMBED implementation bug in Firefox or the way the Adobe plug-in is mugling with the X window hierarchy... It would crash when the page is destroyed though. This will work correctly with WebKit-based browsers.

Comment

I start to think that Steve Jobs was right in the end: Adobe guys are just lazy!

Comment

HTML5 needs to happen sooner rather than later, and on a large scale.

I also don't see why we don't just go with Dirac. The technical downsides versus H.264 range from negligible to none depending upon who you ask. The fact that it's royalty free makes it more than worth it considering the fact that the entire point in the HTML5 video tag is to provide a universal open standard.

Comment

In a short test it does not crash that often like the betas before. Have to test it a bit longer - but i see basically no diff to 10.0.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              That's the most serious problem right after
              When I read your sentence until that point I went all WTF

Originally posted by RealNC
              the reptilian aliens from Aldebaran controlling the world's governments if you ask me.
              but thankfully a split of a second later you cracked me up.

Comment

i doubt that adobe will make 64-bit flash mainstream until mozilla makes a 64-bit browser.

has adobe only made a 64 bit beta for linux?

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                  How can it be slow?
                  The IPC overhead makes it kind of slow.

Originally posted by Smorg
                  I also don't see why we don't just go with Dirac. The technical downsides versus H.264 range from negligible to none depending upon who you ask.
                  You're joking, right? I seriously hope you do.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                    You're joking, right? I seriously hope you do.
                    I'm not so familiar with dirac, could you please elaborate why it is not convenient? Thanks

Comment

@portets43

Basically there are 2 - just a bit hidden. Those are only dev versions. For the latest stable there is no official 64 bit binary.

I usually prefer:

But there is also a 3.7 branch:

Everything else is compiled directly by the distributions.

Comment

Working...
                      X