Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released, Woohoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anssi View Post
    Something is screwed up there. I keep getting a 0byte file for R700_rlc. Now THAT's vaporware.

Comment

Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?

Comment

Woohoo, It is working for me. No more Machine Exception Code. It starts automatically in DRI2 mode too. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?
          I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
            I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.
            Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.
              I think that large files with slightly changed segments between versions could share portions in the .git objects storage.

Comment

Quoting Linus:

?git is not an SCM. it's a filesystem designed to _host_ an SCM?

?In many ways you can just see git as a filesystem — it's content-addressable, and it has a notion of versioning, but I really really designed it coming at the problem from the viewpoint of a filesystem person (hey, kernels is what I do), and I actually have absolutely zero interest in creating a traditional SCM system.?

Stupid 1-minute-to-edit.

Comment

I find this review:
                  What's new in Linux 2.6.33

Comment

Working...
                  X