Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.32 Kernel Benchmarks

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.32 Kernel Benchmarks

With the Linux 2.6.32 kernel being released in a few days, we found it time to benchmark this newest kernel release that brings new drivers, kernel mode-setting improvements, virtualization enhancements, and more.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm starting to think that those big boys should really start testing and profiling their crap. I wonder how 2.6.24 would compare. Good article.

Comment

This x264 boost is rather interesting, but this postmark and iozone regressions are due to the ext4 "problem"?

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        I'm starting to think that those big boys should really start testing and profiling their crap. I wonder how 2.6.24 would compare. Good article.
        I asbolutely quote here.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          This x264 boost is rather interesting, but this postmark and iozone regressions are due to the ext4 "problem"?
          No idea what's wrong with ext4, but Con Kolivas needs three cheers for getting them to finally fix their damn scheduler.

Comment

Read: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14285 where PTS shows the specific commit that causes the performance drop.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I was really psyched about Ext4 when it first came out, but perhaps I should just stick with good old Ext3 for another year...

Comment

Meh, just get an ups and mount with nobarrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                  No idea what's wrong with ext4, but Con Kolivas needs three cheers for getting them to finally fix their damn scheduler.
                  Well, CK and Dark Shikari. http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/?p=185

@Phoronix team:
                  Originally posted by Article
                  ...the Linux 2.6.32 kernel had the lowest overall CPU usage when using X-Video with MPlayer.
                  Not lowest. Either 'worst', or 'highest'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                    Apache benchmark is meaningless. Not sure about others, but it's probably because of change in Ext4 like Michael said. Con's scheduler is slower in Apache. Btw. notice performance in not disk related benchmars is as it should be.
                    Last edited by kraftman; 28 November 2009, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X