No announcement yet.

Reiser4 May Go For Mainline Inclusion In 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not make a link about what all these have to do with the filesystem though

Comment

so he killed his wife. And that makes reiser4 a bad fs?

Do you refuse to eat vegetables? Corn? wheat? Because Haber also was big in gas making in WW1. What about TV? Satelites are brought into the sky by rockets. All modern rockets are decendants of the V2 - and Braun was directly responsible for 10 thousands of deaths.

Go back to the technical merits. Reiser4 is fast. Reiser4 reduces head movement on harddisks. Reiser4 puts data safety first.

Unlike ext3/4 or xfs.

Comment

energyman +1000

Comment

Reiser lesson

Originally posted by sabriah View Post
          Well, he didn't make enough afterwards either (http://cbs5.com/crime/hans.reiser.at....905257.html):

and for those who wish to believe is innocent

Where is that bulldozer farm?
          Looks like the just high priests of the kernel have NOT excommunicated Reiser and his evil works.

Seriously!
          If you have a mature need. Get a wife like Reiser did. Perversion is doing away with one.
          If you have a belief need. Do better than Reiser. Kernel file-system is bad religion.

Do us the favor of approaching subjects like science, engineering and software right.
          Have not your basic human needs such as morals and gratifications inappropriately involved in them, by having your beliefs and affections unrelated, like in Jesus.
          That you may not have a distorted understanding and a bad outcome like Reiser. Who seems to believe in his own superior problem solving ability and accomplishments.

Take as an example the current scandalous science of Global Warming. Scientists distort information for the science they believe in.
          I think Global Warming is real, but many beliefs are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
            I have no problems with the FS or people using it. I have problems with people who trivialize murder. I'm sorry but I have no respect for someone who becomes an apologist for Hans Riser's acts of violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
              I have no problems with the FS or people using it. I have problems with people who trivialize murder. I'm sorry but I have no respect for someone who becomes an apologist for Hans Riser's acts of violence.
              He wasn't trivializing murder, he was making a distinction between the supposed technical merits of the File System and the developer that it is named after. Granted he could have provided solid evidence instead of anecdotal, but hey its the internet you can't expect to be handed facts here.

I'm not surprised Hans was shanked, the majority of people on the planet won't put up with the way some developers act.

Comment

Do you refuse to eat vegetables? Corn? wheat? Because Haber also was big in gas making in WW1. What about TV? Satelites are brought into the sky by rockets. All modern rockets are decendants of the V2 - and Braun was directly responsible for 10 thousands of deaths.

Go back to the technical merits. Reiser4 is fast. Reiser4 reduces head movement on harddisks. Reiser4 puts data safety first.

Unlike ext3/4 or xfs.
                No, Reiser4 used to be an ambitious and well managed file system, before Hans Reiser killed his wife. In fact it was a bit too ambitious, as it originally took over aspects managed by other parts in the kernel. That is why it has taken so long to integrate. Reiser was initially not willing to step down on many details. And, after he was arrested it took the others even more time before they could get up to his speed and devotion.

I used to run Reiser3, as it was among the best when it came. I have no doubt the new fs will be among the best too.

As for the naming, we don't call those rockets the von Braun rockets. We don't call the Animal Welfare Act the Hitler Act (or even worse, The Hitler Welfare Act) even if Hitler introduced the first ever Animal Welfare Act in the world, banning animal experiments etc. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_...n_Nazi_Germany) I think many people would object to that and find it repulsive. Guillotine's invention has a built-in irony, which perhaps makes it more excusable. There are many more sad examples I guess.

The file system need not to be abandoned, just that repulsive name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  A lot of people treated him like a murderer even before the trial started. My position was and is:
                  innocent until proven guilty.

He was proven guilty - by his own acts, and there is nothing to discuss left. He killed her. He is a murderer.

BUT: that has zero to do with the filesystem.

Ok, maybe it would be better to rename it to edward-fs.

Comment

Ok, maybe it would be better to rename it to edward-fs.
                    I always thought renaming it to killerfs would be the obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      I always thought renaming it to killerfs would be the obvious choice.
                      only for people with zero good taste and no common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X