Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apopas
    replied
    Stable API? That thing that window$ have as well and work so good? I think we should buy it as well guys...

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    And Linus. Man, if that guy thinks a stable API is so bad, why doesn't he just go write his own operating system!

Who? Linus or Greg KH? Maybe you meant unstable API? :>

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by greg View Post
    I'm so tired of the FUD Greg KH is spreading.
    And Linus. Man, if that guy thinks a stable API is so bad, why doesn't he just go write his own operating system!

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Or other people

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied
    Stable API is piece of 'bull'.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    It's time the kernel separates drivers/optional subsystems and core. Oh wait, that would require stable APIs, wouldn't it?
    What for? You don't have unused things loaded. Stable API is piece of 'bull'.

Leave a comment:

• sabriah
    replied
    It's time the kernel separates drivers/optional subsystems and core. Oh wait, that would require stable APIs, wouldn't it?
    But they don't need to return to user space I guess.

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Linus refers to this SCSI driver as being "huge and bloated", but he has vowed not to merge "drivers-from-hell" anymore.
    Does that mean it's huge and bloated because it deals with all possible things that could go wrong? Or, it is a driver from hell, but got merged anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied
    Worth noting from on the DRM side is that the ATI kernel mode-setting improvements talked about a few days ago were merged into this release candidate for Linux 2.6.32.
    Cool!

I tried the Fedora 12 nightly build live cd, and it is so cool to see KMS in action.

On my Radeon 3200, it goes into KMS within a second after boot.

And for those following the artwork in Fedora: For the first time ever, the graphics and artwork is beautiful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X