Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.11 To Upstream Support For Mobileye EyeQ 6H SoC

Phoronix: Linux 6.11 To Upstream Support For Mobileye EyeQ 6H SoC

Back in Linux 6.9 the Mobileye EyeQ5 SoC support was upstreamed for that MIPS-based platform powering Mobileye's level-5 autonomous driving system. With the upcoming Linux 6.11 kernel, support for the newer Mobileye EyeQ6 is being upstreamed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The 2 clusters of this SoC
    They gave it the ole SoC tuh.

Comment

Mobileye may be targeting an eventual Level 5 system (everyone is), but has a long way to go to get there (Mobileye does have an ambitious goal of offering Level 4 in 2026, although no one will be surprised if that date will eventually be pushed out).

Comment

MIPS-based in an era where MIPS themselves have already moved on to RISC-V.

So nonsensical.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
          MIPS-based in an era where MIPS themselves have already moved on to RISC-V.

So nonsensical.
          The MIPS architecture just works, and licensing is (reasonably) cheap, and when Mobileye was starting was a reasonable base (the CPU is a minor part in their system, most of the advanced capabilities is done in their accelerators).

Only an organization with infinite money, and no intent to deliver a product, would throw all that away just to start over with a new base because someone says "Look, new shiny!".

Comment

this is kind of off-topic but i wonder if this can be transformed into one of those eye trackers? id be really interested in documenting my hyper-efficient mega-programming stack and how my brain interacts with it.

Comment

Working...
            X