XZ 5.6.2 Released With The Frightening Backdoor Removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhptitotoss View Post
    OMFG you have no idea what youre talking about its completely opposite if you actually used Linux you'd know systemd does way too much wayland does nothing its like a crippled mess
    That's literally what I said? How the fuck is that "completely opposite"?

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      That's literally what I said? How the fuck is that "completely opposite"?
      wtf r u serious?? X11 is a million times better than wayland wayland is a broken mess u cant even use most of the features that are standard in X11 and systemd is bloated garbage why would anyone want a init system that tries to do everything it's a freakin nightmare stick to ur toy OS if u dont understand how real linux users feel noob LOL

Comment

wtf r u serious?? X11 is a million times better than wayland wayland is a broken mess u cant even use most of the features that are standard in X11 and systemd is bloated garbage why would anyone want a init system that tries to do everything it's a freakin nightmare stick to ur toy OS if u dont understand how real linux users feel noob LOL
        Dude, he literally said the same exact thing you said about systemd, wayland and x11, and you are jumping all, over him. Reread his post.

Besides what the fuck is a "real linux user"? Are you like 14 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by WileEPyote View Post

Dude, he literally said the same exact thing you said about systemd, wayland and x11, and you are jumping all, over him. Reread his post.

Besides what the fuck is a "real linux user"? Are you like 14 years old?
          ok but who asked i get it u want to defend wayland and systemd but they suck real linux users know the truth unlike u noob most ppl want stable not broken experimental crap like wayland and systemd aint no14 year old can see how bloated it is gtfo and stop crying attention whore stick to ur toy OS that nobody cares about

Comment

ok but who asked i get it u want to defend wayland and systemd but they suck real linux users know the truth unlike u noob most ppl want stable not broken experimental crap like wayland and systemd aint no14 year old can see how bloated it is gtfo and stop crying attention whore stick to ur toy OS that nobody cares about
            That sounds like a "no true scotsman" fallacy. Systemd spread to the major distros who have to remain profitable (eg. RHEL) because tons of paying customers see the upsides as outweighing the downsides.

It's a "Sure. Systemd has its flaws... but nobody cares about them enough to stop saying 'you don't need that feature' and write 'that feature' in a less flawed way." (i.e. It's a "The best way to find the right answer online is to confidently state the wrong one" situation, but nobody's stepping up to code the right answer, so it's devolved into "We're sick of being told our use-case doesn't matter. Either write a viable competitor or shut up... or at least go whine in some corner where we don't have to hear you." situation, same as with Flatpak.)
            Last edited by ssokolow; 09 June 2024, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile, I run both systemd (Arch) and OpenRC (Gentoo) distros. And both have X11 and Wayland running together in perfect harmony because I actually took the time to properly configure everything in my installs, because, you know, I'm a "noob." lol The fact is, if you configure your system properly for your use case, it doesn't matter what back end you use. It should work invisibly in the background and the only way you should be able to tell is by explicitly checking what is running.

Have issues with wayland? Use x11. Don't like systemd? Use OpenRC with sysvinit or openrcinit or your init system of choice. I'm probably going to systemd on my Gentoo install too, because it works fine, doesn't hurt my performance, and is easier to deal with. I already waste enough time compiling everything, why waste more with a less supported init system? For bragging rights? To claim your superiority over the masses?

Meh. Whatever. I don't have time to waste on other people's children. Have fun spouting nonsense from your mom's basement. Come back when you graduate from middle school.
              Last edited by WileEPyote; 09 June 2024, 11:48 PM.

Comment

welp, here we are 10 pages 😂

Comment

Working...
                X