Linux 6.10 Adds eDP/DisplayPort Support For The Snapdragon X Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.10 Adds eDP/DisplayPort Support For The Snapdragon X Elite

Phoronix: Linux 6.10 Adds eDP/DisplayPort Support For The Snapdragon X Elite

Qualcomm and their partners at Linaro have been busy working on the Linux support for the Snapdragon X Elite as the high-end Arm SoC beginning to roll-out for laptops. The latest Snapdragon X Elite upstreaming is Embedded DisplayPort and DisplayPort support for the Snapdragon X Elite...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seen as good idea but Google is somehow related on Android with Rust code and Samsung has sometimes ideas for image(and more importantly Samsung Apps) to be available on monitors and his effort for Linux on phones is commercially unsuccessful but who knows when his laptops are competition for Chromebooks on Asian markets, but maybe not so affordable with policies for schools buy in ...

Samsung have their own apps store but seems as Gaming is All-In and some connection with MS Pay is prohibited by the Google Email Act on mandatory ActiveGoogleDirectory android integration and it seems that regulation is needed but in MS phone division and countries business markets.

Comment

None of this has anything to do with Android. Thanks to GRF, no functional kernel, driver and firmware updates are available for any non-Pixel device, in other words, the device is EOL when it's released.

Comment

Does this work also apply to the Snapdragon x Pro ? I guess so?
        -
        Hmm, it seems the Elite is not mentioned specifically, but more a codename. So I think this applies for both variants of the new Snapdragon x.
        Last edited by peterdk; 21 May 2024, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peterdk View Post
          Does this work also apply to the Snapdragon x Pro ? I guess so?
          -
          Hmm, it seems the Elite is not mentioned specifically, but more a codename. So I think this applies for both variants of the new Snapdragon x.
          are both same chip, one with some cores disabled

Comment

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
            None of this has anything to do with Android. Thanks to GRF, no functional kernel, driver and firmware updates are available for any non-Pixel device, in other words, the device is EOL when it's released.
            jesus i just read about this and what a clusterfuck. I thought manufacturers were getting better with updates, but I guess I'm just getting partial updates instead.

Comment

Looks like Qualcomm is keeping their word
              Hope they'll try to do the same for their mobile phone SoC's.

Comment

Originally posted by elbar View Post
                Seen as good idea but Google is somehow related on Android with Rust code and Samsung has sometimes ideas for image(and more importantly Samsung Apps) to be available on monitors and his effort for Linux on phones is commercially unsuccessful but who knows when his laptops are competition for Chromebooks on Asian markets, but maybe not so affordable with policies for schools buy in ...

Samsung have their own apps store but seems as Gaming is All-In and some connection with MS Pay is prohibited by the Google Email Act on mandatory ActiveGoogleDirectory android integration and it seems that regulation is needed but in MS phone division and countries business markets.
                How does your comments relate to this article?

Comment

Originally posted by edxposed View Post
                  Thanks to GRF, no functional kernel, driver and firmware updates are available for any non-Pixel device, in other words, the device is EOL when it's released.
                  I thought the whole point of the freeze was so you could guarantee three additional versions of Android would be supported?

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

How does your comments relate to this article?
                    And more importantly, what does any of that even mean?

Comment

Working...
                    X