Linux 6.10 Honors One Last ReiserFS Request Made By Hans Reiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

"There is no evidence that is the case" I believe that was Reiser's defence until convicted of 1st degree murder then plea dealed to 2nd degree murder if he revealed where the body was. I think most people here would agree 1st degree murder is an evil act committed with evil intent, thus actus reus and mens rea.
    So because he did something bad, he's still bad? People can't change?

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
      maybe you shouldn't expect people to do work for you, for free.
      Does this mean you don't use any GPL'd software at all?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
        Does this mean you don't use any GPL'd software at all?
        The discussion you've jumped into wasn't about software but about the service provided by Phoronix.
        And that this service is either being paid for by subscription or having advertisement as part of the delivered content.

Comment

Originally posted by cutterjohn View Post
          Committers should be allowed to put what they want in their documentation, how many of you people have EVER read the various documentation ever? Or even glanced at it? So get off your high horses and be realistic. Sure some of the reviewers would (probably?) have read the text docs, but people also have to understand that there is also more than their small echo chamber whether you agree with other echo chambers or not..

Otherwise you tread the path the of dangerous censorship, ask some old greybeard former soviet client state citizens about that...

Im pissing against the wind I think so I will sign off... the far left echo chamber is apparently everything linux today, so they have far more in common with stalin than anything else!
          I dislike censorship as much as the next person, but some topics are inappropriate for some situations. For example, I strongly believe that you have the right to describe in graphic detail which sexual acts you find attractive, but if you did it at your niece’s 7th birthday party you would rightfully be told to stop or leave.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Well I understand the sentiment, translators these days...

But tasteless jokes aside though, I'm afraid i've been out of the loop, do we know why he killed her? Classic case of cheating or something? Or was he just a serial killer at heart? What's going on?
            easy too google, his wife took his kids and ran off to russia.

dont get tho why his work is sneezed at, you have alot prisoners beeing offered working for the public (mowing lawns in public spaces for example). if we dont see prison as "correction facilities", why even bother.
            ​​​​

Comment

All of it is just sad. There are no winners. Hans got prison and his reputation as a great engineer wrecked. His kids lost their mother, Nina lost her life. Everyone lost and for what? Jealousy? Honour? Machismo? Out of control aggression? The big lesson from Hans Reiser is to seek help before you stand where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post

easy too google, his wife took his kids and ran off to russia.

dont get tho why his work is sneezed at, you have alot prisoners beeing offered working for the public (mowing lawns in public spaces for example). if we dont see prison as "correction facilities", why even bother.
                ​​​​
                Prison can serve multiple purposes including rehabilitation, restitution, retribution, and protection of the public.

It would be interesting to see FOSS contributions treated as “community service”, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
                  All of it is just sad. There are no winners. Hans got prison and his reputation as a great engineer wrecked. His kids lost their mother, Nina lost her life. Everyone lost and for what? Jealousy? Honour? Machismo? Out of control aggression? The big lesson from Hans Reiser is to seek help before you stand where he is.
                  The actual lesson: don't murder people, stuff them in a bag like they are garbage and bury them in the woods. Turns out most people don't need help not to murder people. The guy gets way too much sympathy in these parts, just because he's a nerd who could program well, it's pretty fucked up. The fact you listed the murderer first of those who were negatively affected says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So because he did something bad, he's still bad? People can't change?
                    But because he did something bad something can't be changed, his former wife cannot be made undead.

To paraphrase "It's a hell of a thing, killin' a person. Take away all they's got, and all they's ever gonna have."

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

What would be the feminine version of women killing all the babies (I talk after birth) and all the olderly people? There are some reasons for that but you don't care for reasons for your term either so fair game? Femin-Filicide?
                      Infanticide?

Comment

Working...
                      X