Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
    To err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine.
    I beg to differ, to err is to be human but to find someone else to blame it on is genius.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

You mean Planck mass the saying is "an ounce of remorse", so the smallest unit of measure for mass that has any meaning is a Planck mass.

Now if we were talking about someone refusing to "budge an inch", then you could say he refused to budge even a Planck length.
      Excellent shitpost, but have you ever kissed a girl?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        3, 2, 1...

Thread explode...
        So true.

When clickbait threads like this turn a reasonably sane Linux news outlet in Moronix Extraordinaire ... you would think that Michael would just learn to say NO instead of prostrating himself on the almighty $ ... and those new nag screens about using adblockers. At some point this website will be a forgotten memory for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

His mistake was being an unforgivably bad human who still hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for killing someone.
          I don't know about that. Have you read the entire letter? I have also been through very similar cognitive behavioral therapy as Hans. I have been bipolar since about 8 years old. All through my teens and 20s, I was borderline sociopathic. I had very, very little empathy. The therapy opened my eyes, and taught me how to be empathetic. Now I might be a little too empathetic these days. lol. If you take them seriously, these therapies have a pretty good success rate.

Then me is a completely different human than now me.

Knowing what I know about these therapies, I lean fairly strongly on the side of him telling the truth about his regrets.

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

Or you know...just don't murder your wife no matter how you met?
          Where's the fun in that? Don't you know it's always the wife's fault? /s

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
            What i don't understand is why such accusatory language was accepted into the README of reiserfs to begin with?
            Well, their names might have to be there for copyright purposes, possibly? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Although it seems more likely to cause a defamation case instead.

Comment

Well, two of the guys were credited already, in a way. The edit doesn't add their names, it just removes the commentary about their relationships. The third guy Hans Reiser mentions, Anatoly, just can't catch a break.

Comment

Originally posted by dammarin View Post
                Well, two of the guys were credited already, in a way. The edit doesn't add their names, it just removes the commentary about their relationships. The third guy Hans Reiser mentions, Anatoly, just can't catch a break.
                Seems Anatoly was already credited fairly:

Anatoly Pinchuk is a former member of our team who worked closely with Vladimir throughout the project's development. He wrote a quite substantial portion of the total code. He realized that there was a space problem with packing tails of files for files larger than a node that start on a node aligned boundary (there are reasons to want to node align files), and he invented and implemented indirect items and unformatted nodes as the solution.​

Comment

Femicide, the ultimate "social mistake"

Comment

Originally posted by justinkb View Post
                    Femicide, the ultimate "social mistake"
                    Any particular reason why you segregate murder?

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post

Seems Anatoly was already credited fairly:
                      Ah, ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X