X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hf_139
    We can all learn from Reisers mistakes.
    Never marry a mailorder bride.
    Technically, he did not married a mail order bride. He married the interpreter !

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139
      We can all learn from Reisers mistakes.
      Never marry a mailorder bride.
      His mistake was being an unforgivably bad human who still hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for killing someone. Also, his wife was not a mail-order bride, she was the translator for a potential mail-order bride.

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
      99% of developers would not touch this hornet's nest with a 10ft pole, so there should be credit to SUSE/Jan Kara for doing what is right.

What i don't understand is why such accusatory language was accepted into the README of reiserfs to begin with?
      ‚ÄčThis was a long time ago, and the community in general was far less mature. Behavior like this was commonplace. I'm sure the clowns will come out of the woodwork though and find some insane justification for such childish behavior out of a grown adult working on a fs professionally.

Comment

To err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
          To err is Humane; to Forgive, Divine.
          miss me with that shit, not any of our place to forgive. if he showed a Planck Length of remorse then maybe he could be considered to have a future in the far future, but he hasn't and so he won't.

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

Technically, he did not married a mail order bride. He married the interpreter !
            Kill the translator!

Comment

Well, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                What i don't understand is why such accusatory language was accepted into the README of reiserfs to begin with?
                I don't know. Maybe the Committee on Acceptable Language in README's ("CALR") was on holiday that week?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post

His mistake was being an unforgivably bad human who still hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for killing someone. Also, his wife was not a mail-order bride, she was the translator for a potential mail-order bride.

‚ÄčThis was a long time ago, and the community in general was far less mature. Behavior like this was commonplace. I'm sure the clowns will come out of the woodwork though and find some insane justification for such childish behavior out of a grown adult working on a fs professionally.
                  here's the voice of god herself

Comment

Committers should be allowed to put what they want in their documentation, how many of you people have EVER read the various documentation ever? Or even glanced at it? So get off your high horses and be realistic. Sure some of the reviewers would (probably?) have read the text docs, but people also have to understand that there is also more than their small echo chamber whether you agree with other echo chambers or not..

Otherwise you tread the path the of dangerous censorship, ask some old greybeard former soviet client state citizens about that...

Im pissing against the wind I think so I will sign off... the far left echo chamber is apparently everything linux today, so they have far more in common with stalin than anything else!

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post
                      miss me with that shit, not any of our place to forgive. if he showed a Planck Length of remorse then maybe he could be considered to have a future in the far future, but he hasn't and so he won't.
                      You mean Planck mass the saying is "an ounce of remorse", so the smallest unit of measure for mass that has any meaning is a Planck mass.

Now if we were talking about someone refusing to "budge an inch", then you could say he refused to budge even a Planck length.

Comment

Working...
                      X