X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we see screenshot of it?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Lennart is being paid by Microsoft to make desktop GNU/Linux more like Windows. So you might as well get used to this type of nonsense. Next up will be 'systemd-clippy', and 'systemd-cortana'.
      The idea predates Lennart being paid by Microsoft by far.
      It was even one (although not the strongest) pro kernel-mode-settings for gpu drivers, because it's harder to do this with the traditional ums drivers.
      Actually, but I might be wrong, that could be the reason why Linux didn't have such a useful feature for a long time.

Anyways, if you ever had some inexperienced user running into a kernel oops, good luck with debugging that. Surely let's tell him to setup a serial console to get that backtrace. That'll definitely work.
      Because, you know that's the Linux way, not that Windows bs with actually showing what happened on screen. Right …

There are thousands of open, unresolved bugs in the kernel bugzilla that can hardly be solved for the simple reason that the dev can't reproduce it and the user didn't provide enough information on the topic. If such a feature can help here, why would you cry out like that?

Comment

While systemd is slowly taking over other people's kernels, I will spend Christmas without it. So happy that I don't have to deal with that crap.

Comment

Can I change the color of the output? I´d like it to be orange or pink?
          Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

I would like to have a guru meditiation instead.

Comment

Systemd is great software

BSOD would be nice also, more info, more unification. would not happen often so....

Comment

Couldn't it be black by default? Why the need to copy Windows?

Comment

I'm really happy because of systemd-vmspawn feature, I was looking for something like this for some time..

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
                    I would like to have a guru meditiation instead.
                    Hashtag mee too!!

​​​​ But on the serious side. The Amiga 2.0+ error where you get "system failure" and/or "recoverable alert" makes more sense than a bsod style error.

​​

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by Barley9432 View Post
                      You honestly have to love systemd. Their product is incredible. It shows what can be accomplished when people work together well.
                      I have no problem with systemd in general, but I do have a problem specifically with systemd-resolved. It's utter garbage. I always experience unexplained network slowdowns on distros that use it by default (Fedora and Ubuntu based distros) which don't happen on distros that don't use it by default. Also you have this issue that is still open after 4 years: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/13432 . I've seen others also complain that it has broken behaviour with public Wi-Fi and VPNs.
                      Last edited by user1; 07 December 2023, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X