Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Patch Series Prepares The Linux Audio Drivers For MIDI 2.0

Phoronix: Big Patch Series Prepares The Linux Audio Drivers For MIDI 2.0

Nearly forty years after the MIDI digital music protocol was first introduced, in 2020 the MIDI 2.0 protocol was announced as a major overhaul for this widely used standard by musical devices. A big patch series sent out today prepares the Linux kernel sound drivers for MIDI 2.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Waiting for the MIDI 2.0 general purpose Controllers (with high-res pot knobs and sliders) and Linux support.

Comment

One of the things I don't like about the MIDI Association is that they have the specifications (especially of latest standards) under closed doors.
      I've heard they even charge for some of these documents, but I cannot confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        One of the things I don't like about the MIDI Association is that they have the specifications (especially of latest standards) under closed doors.
        Same for ISO and IEEE.

Comment

Why so much time to get it implemented? Is ALSA undermanpowered? Any hardware available to buy that supports it? Why CI needs userspace?

Comment

Michael

Typo

"and roughly six thousand liunes of new code" should be "and roughly six thousand lines of new code"

Comment

Try asking?
              Hi

Comment

All I had to do was create a user account and I got access to all the (interesting to me) documentation, for free.

Comment

Working...
                X