Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.3 Scheduler Updates Bring Fixes & Minor Optimizations

Phoronix: Linux 6.3 Scheduler Updates Bring Fixes & Minor Optimizations

The Linux 6.3 scheduler changes were merged earlier this week that overall provide a collection of minor improvements to this important area of the kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Really big PR actually, but mainly the cpuidle "mess" got fixed in it. But seems really good.
    Sadly I am missing the patches which are fixing the E/P Cores behaviour. But maybe we will see it in 6.4.

The Thread Director should be also finally done for the kernel to improve the hybrid cpus.

Comment

Originally posted by ptr1337 View Post
      Really big PR actually, but mainly the cpuidle "mess" got fixed in it. But seems really good.
      Sadly I am missing the patches which are fixing the E/P Cores behaviour. But maybe we will see it in 6.4.

The Thread Director should be also finally done for the kernel to improve the hybrid cpus.
      Just curious, what's the CPU idle mess?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Just curious, what's the CPU idle mess?
        Actually a lot of patches for the cpudle. Peter did made them and called the patchset like this. This came not from me.
        I cant find all the patches right now, they are already merged.

```
        - Fix & rework various cpuidle routines, simplify interaction with the generic scheduler code. Add __cpuidle methods as noinstr to objtool's noinstr detection and fix boatloads of cpuidle bugs & quirks.
        ```

Comment

Working...
        X