No announcement yet.

Linux 6.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Promoted, Open-Source NVIDIA RTX 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Promoted, Open-Source NVIDIA RTX 30

Phoronix: Linux 6.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Promoted, Open-Source NVIDIA RTX 30

Linus Torvalds just released the Linux 6.2 kernel as stable and marks the first major kernel release of 2023...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

big thanks to the developers!

Comment

Strange article - saying the kernel is released without any link to the announcement mail of Linus Torvalds
      but some links to older Phoronix articles and to kernel.org - which provides not even the info that 6.2
      has been release. Is this the new quality service?

Comment

Cool!
        Even though I wish this was the version that was declared as LTS.
        Now I hope that Mesa 23 will finally be released and at least that will get into Debian 12.

Comment

Nice ... still no kernel.org message - but here is the LWN article with links:
          https://lwn.net/Articles/923732/#Comments
          ... just for the curious ...

Comment

Any hopes of stable ARC graphics getting backported to 6.1? I ask because the DRM of 6.1 will be the DRM of OpenBSD 7.3 in April or May.

Comment

isnt RTX30 the one you can't buy anymore ?

Comment

I doubt Arc will be backported from 6.2 onto 6.1 LTS. Even though it would be nice, this could be said for any other feature. I am just curious what is the big thing that makes 6.1 deserve LTS status. I would think a third GPU vendor declaring their new graphics platform stable sounds like a sufficient reason for a such kernel milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
                  isnt RTX30 the one you can't buy anymore ?
                  No, they are in stock in many stores. Even if it weren't, people that owns the card still wants drivers

Comment

Calling Arc stable is a little bit of overstatement.

Comment

Working...
                    X