Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Linux 6.2 Features From Intel Arc Graphics To Better Performance For Older PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Linux 6.2 Features From Intel Arc Graphics To Better Performance For Older PCs

Phoronix: The Best Linux 6.2 Features From Intel Arc Graphics To Better Performance For Older PCs

This weekend the Linux 6.2 kernel will be released as stable. As it's been two months already since I published the Linux 6.2 feature overview following the closure of the v6.2 merge window, here is a reminder of what makes Linux 6.2 a really exciting kernel update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will fedora bother to support the features that improve performance of older PCs?

After all, Fedora has been demonstrating a willingness (as seen in a few articles in Phoronix) to drop support for older hardware from it's distro long before other distros and even the kernel drop support.
    Last edited by NotMine999; 17 February 2023, 03:18 PM. Reason: Why not?

Comment

Missed and worth mention: Initial support patches for JH7110 / VisionFive 2.

Comment

the A380 has been really pleasant on kernel 6.2, in some cases actually being better then my rx 580, one such example is dust, the nds emulator, where the DG2 actually has better preformance then the rx580, as well as less bugs up until recently

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
          the A380 has been really pleasant on kernel 6.2, in some cases actually being better then my rx 580, one such example is dust, the nds emulator, where the DG2 actually has better preformance then the rx580, as well as less bugs up until recently
          I'm content using Linux kernel-6.1 with my Intel ARC A750.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerx View Post

I'm content using Linux kernel-6.1 with my Intel ARC A750.
            i've had numerous bugs fixed by 6.2 including hwaccel encode and decode. but yeah, for how badly intel dropped the ball (seriously no day one DKMS for latest LTS kernel!?!?) I think people in general who invested into DG2 are having it payoff, at least on the linux side, I dont know much about the windows side

Comment

Working...
            X