Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.2-rc8 Released - Stable Kernel Release Next Week

Phoronix: Linux 6.2-rc8 Released - Stable Kernel Release Next Week

Linus Torvalds just released Linux 6.2-rc8 ahead of the planned Linux 6.2 stable release next Sunday, 19 February...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Linus Torvalds wrote in the 6.2-rc8 annnouncement:​

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

DG2 should finally be somewhat stable, with working hwdec and enc

Comment

Let's hope that the GFX11 memory leak has been resolved. I'm not sure if it's more the kernel itself to blame or Mesa, but ultimately it's leaking kernel memory over time. Will compile and test. It leaks about 10 gigabytes per hour when playing Dying Light 2, but it also leaks about 150 MiB/hr even if I'm not at my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
            Let's hope that the GFX11 memory leak has been resolved. I'm not sure if it's more the kernel itself to blame or Mesa, but ultimately it's leaking kernel memory over time. Will compile and test. It leaks about 10 gigabytes per hour when playing Dying Light 2, but it also leaks about 150 MiB/hr even if I'm not at my computer.
            Which bug report tracks it?

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
              Mesa version? LLVM, etc?

Can't find it here: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues
              Last edited by Laughing1; 13 February 2023, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Ready for rc9 and rc10

Comment

LLVM15, Mesa 23.0.0-rc4

Something has changed with kernel 6.2.0-rc8. I compiled and rebooted last night and memory usage stayed flat all night and through today. I played Dying Light 2 for about 30 minutes after work and kernel memory rose a bit but stayed flat the entire time the game was running. It would normally have leaked about 5 GiB during that time. I had been building each new RC as it became available since I received this card. This was the first one that seemed to touch on my specific issue.

Quick update from two weeks later:

The memory leak was indeed fixed with 6.2.0-rc8. I never again saw the kernel memory leak while playing games once I started using that kernel.
                  Last edited by Particle; 25 February 2023, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X