Wine 8.1 Released - Now Exposed As "Windows 10" For New Prefixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by middy View Post
    WineX is real. It was similar to what proton was before proton. As WineX was what Cedega was before it went from open source to closed source.
    Oh yah, I totally forgot about WineX! Thats a blast from the past! Okay lets go with Wine360 then... followed by Wine1

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      Cool!
      But can we change the exposed version back to Windows 7 if we want to?
      In 64bit/WoW you can go all the way back to WinXP. In 32bit you can go all the way back to Windows 2.0

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by zexelon View Post

Or should it be WineX!!!

Or Wine Mountain Lion as counting is so hard for software devs these days apparently!

Or to really differentiate instead of "big cats" somehow being version number they should one up it and go with large sea mammals... I want Wine Blue Whale!!! That sounds like a really good version!
        I wonder how that wine-like project for running macos stuff on linux is going actually?

Comment

I wish there was an easier way to determine missing dependencies when trying to run Windows apps through wine.

Comment

Wine360? Why not Wine365? (I understand the XBox analogy)

Or go with the browsers and go for Wine 110?

Comment

Nine wines a day keep windows away...

Comment

If anything, a renamed Wine should be called Brandy, because that's what you call the pumped up version of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
                  If anything, a renamed Wine should be called Brandy, because that's what you call the pumped up version of wine.
                  Or Cognac

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

I wonder how that wine-like project for running macos stuff on linux is going actually?
                    Slow, there's very little interest compared to Wine. Games, Office etc are some of the biggest driving forces behind Wine development.

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

Darling? The Darling devs changed the way it operates a while back (it used to require a kernel module. Not anymore) but it's still a slow crawl.
                      I once managed to get Classic Finder running, but it took all night and had finally popped up when I got back to the office at 8 AM the next day.

Not all CLI software runs that well, either. It's still nice to have a Mac file system on Linux. Even more so when one is running GNU/Linux inside of WSL already.
                      Complete OS Inception

Comment

Working...
                      X