Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold 1.9 Released With Support For More CPU Architectures

Phoronix: Mold 1.9 Released With Support For More CPU Architectures

Mold as the high performance linker alternative to GNU Gold and LLVM LLD is out with another feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As good as this software might be. The icon is the most disgusting icon for a software product I have seen. Somehow repelling....

Comment

From a marketing perspective it might be not the most obvious logo, I agree. On the other hand, if it stirs emotions, that at least covers the basics, even if it is disgust.

Comment

Still waiting for PE-Coff support (MINGW).

Comment

DEC Alpha... that's a blast from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
            I think this linker is fairly specific to ELF so you may be waiting quite a while for that. I believe adding support for PE or Mach-O are things that would cause the major version to be increased.

Comment

I love those projects I can just plonk into my Gentoo config and suddenly have things build faster. <3

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                As good as this software might be. The icon is the most disgusting icon for a software product I have seen. Somehow repelling....
                The logo is great. The software is called mold, and the logo is mold.

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post
                  Probably not going to happen, given the bad experience with macOS support. Maybe in sold.

Comment

phoronix In Spring, Rui Ueyama​ stopped using the logo of the disgusting slice of bread. He reflects, that
                    Sensitivity to this kind of image varies and could be an unneeded friction to adopt the mold linker.​
                    I think it would be fair that you no longer decorate Phoronix articles related to mold with a no-longer used logo.

Comment

Working...
                    X