Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLOB Allocator Being Deprecated With Linux 6.2

Phoronix: SLOB Allocator Being Deprecated With Linux 6.2

Following the recent developer talk of looking to drop SLOB from the Linux kernel, this simple allocator is being deprecated come Linux 6.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just know that the last 3 users of SLOB will show up in this thread so in order to nip that discussion in the bud:

Have y'all ever heard the wrong word in a song to the point that you associate that word with the song? For the longest time I thought the lyrics were "I'm a lazy SLOB" and not "I'm a lazy SOD".

Comment

Actually, I'm more of a SLAB fan, in some circumstances. Specifically, SLUB held onto too many ext4_inode_cache entries after rsync where some files were accessed later. slub_max_order=2 helped but for one particular server where the cache wouldn't degrade I still favoured SLAB.

Comment

>I'm more of a SLAB fan
        In AU a slob would likely have a slab beside him while he was watching the ashes

Comment

Good riddance, that thing was such a mess anyway! Used this joke last time, but nobody "bit" so here I am again

Comment

I feel as if there are jokes being made here, but I'm missing them entirely.

Comment

Working...
            X