Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.1 Features Include Initial Rust Code, MGLRU, New AMD CPU Features, More Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcom View Post
    Hello All! Anyone here with Vega cards has issue with gpu clock stuck at low levels? I think is a firmware issue because when i reboot from Windows it's fine..
    playing around with the value of /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level seems to be working for me for both mclk and sclk.

Comment

So performance improvements with btrfs are nice, but am I the only one who thinks the most notable improvement to btrfs in 6.1 is the sysfs option to skip qgroup accounting? I mean this isn't extent tree v2 performance improvements to quotas, but still, it's a massive performance increasing workaround that I welcome. Lets you delete subvolumes without having the filesystem become totally unusable and then rescan afterwards. Could actually make using quotas possible with snapshots if handled correctly.

Ok... block group tree is also a massive change. No more minutes long mount times on very large arrays.

Comment

Working...
      X