Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardour 7.0 Digital Audio Workstation Released

Phoronix: Ardour 7.0 Digital Audio Workstation Released

While there has been more open-source digital audio workstation (DAW) software solutions in recent years, Ardour that has been in development since 2005 remains one of the best professional-grade and cross-platform digital audio workstation solutions. It's now even better with today's big Ardour 7.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The Ardour clip launching functionality is similar to the workflow provided by Albeton Live, Bitwig, Digital Performer, and other digital audio software solutions. There are also new themes and translation updates.
    Michael please :< (Ableton)

Comment

I only use it for recording voice, and I have to say it works really well for that.

Comment

With GTK2 and without Wayland and Pipewire support - not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
          Seriously, it's still using GTK2 and it doesn't support Wayland nor Pipewire?

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
            Actually PipeWire is supported by its Jack client. PipeWire has clients for Jack and PulseAudio.

Comment

I use Ardour to record my wife's piano playing from time to time and it works great for that especially on Ubuntu Studio.
              If you want to get started I can recommend unfa's videos: Ardour 6 Quickstart (recording, editing, mixing and exporting)

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post

Seriously, it's still using GTK2 and it doesn't support Wayland nor Pipewire?
                Who cares about the UI toolkit as long as the UI works for you? Pro audio under Linux is all JACK or bust so Pipewire works with JACK

Comment

Goodness that looks complicated. Call me crazy, I like simple, neat UIs.

Comment

updated https://t2sde.org/packages/ardour

Comment

Working...
                    X