Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picolibc 1.7.9 Adds Support For More CPU Targets

Phoronix: Picolibc 1.7.9 Adds Support For More CPU Targets

Longtime open-source developer Keith Packard has announced the release of Picolibc 1.7.9, the newest version of his C library for embedded systems. Picolibc 1.7.9 adds support for several new CPU architectures and other enhancements for his miniature libc implementation...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Picolibc-1.7.9-Released

Can someone switch glibc for picolibc on Linux systems? This may be useful for embedded Linux systems

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post
      Can someone switch glibc for picolibc on Linux systems? This may be useful for embedded Linux systems
      Can you think of a case where you can run the Linux kernel but can't use one of the other embedded libc implementations? I mean musl, uClibc, or any other. I think this is more intended to bare metal, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Hmm... Picolibc doesn't support Pico yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kneekoo View Post
          Hmm... Picolibc doesn't support Pico yet.
          Are you sure about that? The Pico is an ARM Cortex-M0+ and Picolibc supports ARM processors.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post

Are you sure about that? The Pico is an ARM Cortex-M0+ and Picolibc supports ARM processors.
            Nope, I'm not sure. But why you would mention "Cortex-M0+" if it simply supports all ARM CPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by kneekoo View Post

Nope, I'm not sure. But why you would mention "Cortex-M0+" if it simply supports all ARM CPUs?
              I think the better question is: Are you seriously interested in the answer or was it just a lame joke?

Comment

Not a joke. It seemed like redundant information if all ARM CPUs are supported.

Comment

Working...
                X