No announcement yet.

systemd 252-rc1 Introduces New systemd-measure Tool, Other New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's funny that there's still bickering back and forth over usr-merges and things of that nature when we should really be bickering over competing ideas for a FHS 4.0. I'd love it if we could get rid of all the damn three letter directories with stupid backronmys that attempt to make sense of it all like "Editable Text Configuration" and "Unix System Resources" and go with longer names similar to macOS. It's 2022 and we need to get past these three letter holdouts from the late 80s when file systems were half-retarded.

Comment

Michael I might have said some bad words

Comment

I wonder if they'll do systemd-mars-colony for the 300th.
        Systemd-Windows-13 for the 400th?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          I wonder why they keep insisting on using a potentially backdoored TPM...
          They enable it. Besides, anything can be backdoored, there are whole ring -1 management engines built on most mobos, TPM is the least of your worries, and they have some upsides that other people care about. Pick your poison, but don't pee on everyone else's.

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          What's the point of this?
          who cares if I use an undupported OS or not?
          Is this for nagging and forcing people to always move to the latest crap?
          I definitely not like such bullshit!
          If systemd developers adding crap, I'm afraid more and more of use will ump to the against-systemd side.
          You're clearly already on that side, but let's follow some logic here. If your OS is unsupported, when you try to file a bug it's useful for the devs to quickly know they can ignore your report. That's why they declare stuff unsupported, because they're explicitly telling you "you're on your own here". Tainting is (generally, don't know the specifics here) just that, adding a line to the logs that states the system is unsupported. Just like the kernel does if you load proprietary modules. Nobody will force you to move to the latest crap, but they won't help you when you have issues either.

Comment

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

if you don't see logs during boot or shutdown then it sounds like your kernel is set to be "quiet" when booting, this have zero to do with systemd.
            Obviously, also with all the possible flags enabled (quiet and all the rest). And this is not only my issue, as I can read everywhere in the web.

Comment

Originally posted by nist View Post

Obviously, also with all the possible flags enabled (quiet and all the rest). And this is not only my issue, as I can read everywhere in the web.
              Don't want to nitpick and undermine your credibility but a single confirming reference gives more weight to your argument then stating "everywhere on the web".

Comment

I'm not sure I'm reading you well, but are you saying you have the "quiet" flag set and you expect text output during boot? The expected behavior for "quiet" is to not have that, and it has been that way since long before systemd.

Comment

Ah yes classic retarded developers removing support 5 years too early. I'm talking about cgroups v1, not the usr stuff which nobody cares about.

I'm pretty sure there will be some clowns here who will claim something like "don't use newest systemd on an old system". But guess what? While that applies to the /usr stuff, it does not apply to cgroups v1. That's because containers exist.

While the container with the newest systemd garbage will have proper /usr, it may not have the fucking support for cgroups v2 since it uses the host kernel. Stupid irresponsible monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

I'm not sure I'm reading you well, but are you saying you have the "quiet" flag set and you expect text output during boot? The expected behavior for "quiet" is to not have that, and it has been that way since long before systemd.
                    I'm not sure I'm reading you well, but are you saying I'm idiot?

Comment

I'm not sure I'm reading you well, but are you saying I'm idiot?
                      Do you have to be an idiot to misunderstand what a flag does? It happens to everyone at some point. But I'm not sure if that's the case or something got lost in translation.

Comment

Working...
                      X