Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0 Released With Many Intel & AMD Driver Additions, IO_uring Keeps Advancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux 6.0 : Compiled, installed and very happy for office @ home, I use a ryzen 5950x and a 5850u. The difference between the last 5.19 and the 6.0 is significative.
    (I have an old intel core i5 2400 somewhere else ... not a big difference, it's better but it's not so evident)

Comment

Originally posted by lem79 View Post
      Right click -> Add to Dictionary?
      As someone who has started getting into wiki editing, that's what I do. It's handy when trying to distinguish between gitlab, Gitlab, and the correct GitLab when they're all being liberally interchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

The whole interchange between them was extremely awkward. No idea why Linus agreed to it.

Check it here: https://youtu.be/V3wE1wMIBXs?t=3747

It's like Pat wanted to cater to Linux users and it didn't work.
        He pronounced his name as "Lainus" or something. Personally I would not let that slide.

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
          Linux 6.0 : Compiled, installed and very happy for office @ home, I use a ryzen 5950x and a 5850u. The difference between the last 5.19 and the 6.0 is significative.
          Any numbers?

Comment

Linus should try using his digits as bits. Then he could count from 0 to 1048575.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
              That's an ugly trophy. Just sayin.
              Don't hate. Flavor Flav could retire the clock and wear the shit outta that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ryao View Post
                Linus should try using his digits as bits. Then he could count from 0 to 1048575.

0xFFFFFudge

Comment

Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
                  (I have an old intel core i5 2400 somewhere else ... not a big difference, it's better but it's not so evident)
                  Seriously? More responsive or does it just "feel" like it's faster?

Comment

So... Did rc7 become the official release? Or is kernel.org not updated yet?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

The whole interchange between them was extremely awkward. No idea why Linus agreed to it.

Check it here: https://youtu.be/V3wE1wMIBXs?t=3747

It's like Pat wanted to cater to Linux users and it didn't work.
                      doesn't come off awkward to me. comes off normal linus awkwardness to me.

side note, i love listening to stuff talking about the "old days of tech." cool hearing about the history.

Comment

Working...
                      X