Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0 Released With Many Intel & AMD Driver Additions, IO_uring Keeps Advancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.0 Released With Many Intel & AMD Driver Additions, IO_uring Keeps Advancing

Phoronix: Linux 6.0 Released With Many Intel & AMD Driver Additions, IO_uring Keeps Advancing

Linus Torvalds just promoted Linux 6.0 to stable on-schedule and thereby now ushering in the Linux 6.1 merge window to officially get underway tomorrow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

informaiton

Michael, are you OK?

Comment

That's an ugly trophy. Just sayin. I'd be conflicted between the recognition and wanting to hide the atrocious looking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        informaiton

Michael, are you OK?
        So, as is hopefully clear to everybody, the major version number change is more about me running out of fingers and toes than it is about any big fundamental changes.
        I'm more concerned about Linus having 5 fingers and toes. He must have been in one hell of an accident sometime between receiving that Intel Innovation Award and releasing the kernel.

Comment

when i saw that picture im like hmm, whos the fat lady on the right? ohhhhh shhiiiii....

Comment

It's a little-big major version. I sincerely think that the best way to give a number to a version is the "Year.Month" pattern (like Linux 22.10)

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            informaiton

Michael, are you OK?
            I think that Michael leaves some typos just to see if the readers are paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post
              It's a little-big major version. I sincerely think that the best way to give a number to a version is the "Year.Month" pattern (like Linux 22.10)

I think that Michael leaves some typos just to see if the readers are paying attention.
              I'm curious about why he isn't using a text editor with the red squiggly line for misspelled text.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
                That's an ugly trophy. Just sayin. I'd be conflicted between the recognition and wanting to hide the atrocious looking thing.
                The whole interchange between them was extremely awkward. No idea why Linus agreed to it.

Check it here: https://youtu.be/V3wE1wMIBXs?t=3747

It's like Pat wanted to cater to Linux users and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I'm curious about why he isn't using a text editor with the red squiggly line for misspelled text.
                  Those alert you all the time with all the jargon you're using. Like WireGuard, what's that? my browser literally just underlined it as an error). So you become immune to those pretty fast.

image.png

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post

Those alert you all the time with all the jargon you're using. Like WireGuard, what's that? my browser literally just underlined it as an error). So you become immune to those pretty fast.

image.png
                    Right click -> Add to Dictionary?

Comment

Working...
                    X