Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0 Released With Many Intel & AMD Driver Additions, IO_uring Keeps Advancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kozman
    replied
    Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
    Linux 6.0 : Compiled, installed and very happy for office @ home, I use a ryzen 5950x and a 5850u. The difference between the last 5.19 and the 6.0 is significative.
    (I have an old intel core i5 2400 somewhere else ... not a big difference, it's better but it's not so evident)
    Seriously? More responsive or does it just "feel" like it's faster?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ryao View Post
    Linus should try using his digits as bits. Then he could count from 0 to 1048575.

0xFFFFFudge

Leave a comment:

• kozman
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
    That's an ugly trophy. Just sayin.
    Don't hate. Flavor Flav could retire the clock and wear the shit outta that thing.

Leave a comment:

• ryao
    replied
    Linus should try using his digits as bits. Then he could count from 0 to 1048575.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by TNZfr View Post
    Linux 6.0 : Compiled, installed and very happy for office @ home, I use a ryzen 5950x and a 5850u. The difference between the last 5.19 and the 6.0 is significative.
    Any numbers?

Leave a comment:

• sha256sum
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post

The whole interchange between them was extremely awkward. No idea why Linus agreed to it.

Check it here: https://youtu.be/V3wE1wMIBXs?t=3747

It's like Pat wanted to cater to Linux users and it didn't work.
    He pronounced his name as "Lainus" or something. Personally I would not let that slide.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by lem79 View Post
    Right click -> Add to Dictionary?
    As someone who has started getting into wiki editing, that's what I do. It's handy when trying to distinguish between gitlab, Gitlab, and the correct GitLab when they're all being liberally interchanged.

Leave a comment:

• TNZfr
    replied
    (I have an old intel core i5 2400 somewhere else ... not a big difference, it's better but it's not so evident)

Leave a comment:

• lem79
    replied
    Originally posted by anarki2 View Post

Those alert you all the time with all the jargon you're using. Like WireGuard, what's that? my browser literally just underlined it as an error). So you become immune to those pretty fast.

image.png
    Right click -> Add to Dictionary?

Leave a comment:

• anarki2
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I'm curious about why he isn't using a text editor with the red squiggly line for misspelled text.
    Those alert you all the time with all the jargon you're using. Like WireGuard, what's that? my browser literally just underlined it as an error). So you become immune to those pretty fast.

image.png

Leave a comment:

Working...
X