X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tunnelblick
    replied
    Originally posted by Markopolo View Post

The asahi project is a community driven reverse engineering and ground up development effort, the x13s is driven by Qualcomm so it’s really just a different beast. They aren’t exactly known for doing platform work in the open
    Oh, is that so? I really don't know to be honest. But in any case, is there any info right now how I can install Linux on that laptop? Information seems to be rather scarce. Is every commit to the kernel done by Qualcomm employees?

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    Just waiting for 6.1 with MGLRU released.
    Yeah 6.1 will be a fine release.

Leave a comment:

• joeandjoe
    replied
    6.0 rc is noticeably faster than latest 5.19., I can tell the GUI is snappier then ever on R5 1600.

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    Just waiting for 6.1 with MGLRU released.

Leave a comment:

• Markopolo
    replied
    Originally posted by tunnelblick View Post
    I'd like to know more about the x13s support, to be honest. I already looked around but there's barely official documentation on how the support even started and what I would need to do once kernel 6.0 is released. So either I didn't find it or all of this doesn't really exist.
    Either way, I think after seeing how open and well documented the Asahi project operates it would be nice if others would try to be similarly open on what and how they do it.

The asahi project is a community driven reverse engineering and ground up development effort, the x13s is driven by Qualcomm so it’s really just a different beast. They aren’t exactly known for doing platform work in the open

Leave a comment:

• tunnelblick
    replied
    I'd like to know more about the x13s support, to be honest. I already looked around but there's barely official documentation on how the support even started and what I would need to do once kernel 6.0 is released. So either I didn't find it or all of this doesn't really exist.
    Either way, I think after seeing how open and well documented the Asahi project operates it would be nice if others would try to be similarly open on what and how they do it.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic The Most Interesting New Features Of Linux 6.0

The Most Interesting New Features Of Linux 6.0

Phoronix: The Most Interesting New Features Of Linux 6.0

Barring any last minute reservations today by Linus Torvalds, the Linux 6.0 stable kernel is expected to be christened before the day is through. Linux 6.0 comes with many notable hardware support additions and other improvements, here is a reminder of all what is great about this imminent kernel release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X