Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 7.18 Released With Unicode 15.0 Support, 20 Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Wine 7.18 Released With Unicode 15.0 Support, 20 Bug Fixes

Wine 7.18 has been popped this Friday afternoon as the newest bi-weekly development release for this open-source program to enjoy Windows games and applications on Linux, macOS, and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

just want i want, hair picks and eggplant emojis in my filenames. emojis were a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
      just want i want, hair picks and eggplant emojis in my filenames. emojis were a mistake.
      You know that Unicode is not only for filenames, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ALRBP View Post

You know that Unicode is not only for filenames, right?
        just what i want, hair picks and eggplants in my code comments

Comment

I hereby gratefully accept this new moose emoji on behalf of all Canadians. :P

On a more serious note... why were people trying to run KeePassXC under Wine when it's cross-platform and open-source?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
            I hereby gratefully accept this new moose emoji on behalf of all Canadians. :P

On a more serious note... why were people trying to run KeePassXC under Wine when it's cross-platform and open-source?
            KeePassXC Portable​ if you look at the bug reports about it. Yes windows application on USB key to take with them to use in other systems.

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=53176 Mind you KeePassXC still does not work right yet. Fixed one problem only to get to the next one.

Comment

So just don't use them in filenames if you don't need that functionality. Other people like that they can have hair picks and eggplants in their filenames. It's really that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post

So just don't use them in filenames if you don't need that functionality. Other people like that they can have hair picks and eggplants in their filenames. It's really that simple.
                I've got a strip_emoji.py to make filenames from youtube-dl play nice with K3b if anyone needs it. (Turns out genisoimage doesn't like Astral/non-BMP code points... it's in good company with things like git gui.)

Comment

just what i want, hair picks and eggplants in my code comments
                  you don't know what unicode is, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

KeePassXC Portable​ if you look at the bug reports about it. Yes windows application on USB key to take with them to use in other systems.

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=53176 Mind you KeePassXC still does not work right yet. Fixed one problem only to get to the next one.
                    Is it really a problem of WINE? The app uses a feature of Windows, which is not present in Linux*:

Windows.Security.Credentials Namespace
                    Provides a common way to securely store and manage your passcodes, passphrases, and other identification information.​
                    As others noted the app is opensource and multiplatform. That also means you can add a special codepath in the Windows version when running in WINE on an OS not containing the secure place to store passwords.

*) WINE can't depend on incompatible keychains specific to some desktop environments. And others don't have any.
                    Last edited by Ladis; 24 September 2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X