Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zexelon
    replied
    Its Embrace, Extend, Eliminate!!!!!! But HUGE plot twist... Ubuntu is taking over windows

Yes, I think everyone had it wrong... Ubuntu is the evil genius taking out windows!!!!!

Joking aside, I am an active user of Windows 10, 11 and Pop_OS (basically Ubuntu but done better). Windows definitely has less "glitches" on the desktop, especially when it comes to graphics in general... but man I cant stand what they have done in Windows 11! They took away the last vestiges of what made windows a usable desktop work environment. I have to install all sorts of third party (ex. Stardock) software just to be able to use it reasonably. I mean kudos to Stardock for producing the tools to make it a workable desktop again but come on, its almost as bad have having to use Gnome!

Leave a comment:

• ATLief
    replied
    It’ll be ironic if the first official Linux support on Mac comes from Windows. If that’s what it takes, Apple…

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Microsoft and Canonical jointly announced today
    Thanks for reminding me why I'm trying to stay away from anything that comes from [M$] Canonical.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Congrats Now you are over 9000.
    I already was

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Is it already outside the fifth season of Stranger thing?

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

lol troll only birdie does
    I am not a troll. I am serious, I really do like both Ubuntu and Windows 11.
    To be honest, I have no strong preference for either. I am fine both, I think both are great.

Leave a comment:

• phoenk
    replied
    As someone who uses Ubuntu on WSL, this will certainly make my life easier for using any software that wants to interact with systemd. Thanks to all who made it happen, your work is appreciated by users.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I feel somewhat proud that in 17 posts I'm the first one to notice that they were using a Snap to show off systemd functionality on WLS2.
    Congrats Now you are over 9000.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Poettering might want to have a chat with Miguel de Icaza about what it's like to get hired by MS and work on meaningless garbage for the rest of your career.

Maybe they'll drag him back out in another couple of years when they need a new "open source luminary" to proclaim that OOXML is pure genius, like they got de Icaza to do. Or they'll make him the head of everyone's favorite 'community' effort, the ".NET Foundation" for a bit, like they did with de Icaza.

Leave a comment:

• OmniNegro
    replied
    While there are certainly things to hate about this, we must remember the good side of this. The more Linux stuff MS adopts, the sooner it will be before MS gives up on Windows and becomes another Linux distro.

It is not impossible. And if it does happen, Wine may be greatly improved.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X