Microsoft & Canonical Bring systemd To WSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    So, they are bringing SystemD over Windows...

Wait, what is this evil smile at the corner of my mouth?
    it's spelled "systemd"

Comment

I know I am one in a million. But I'll stick with Slackware. Now that I know that Microsift and Ubuntu have tied the knot.

Comment

Well, I guess that's good news for developers that target Linux. One less reason to bother about creating a Windows build of your apps.

Comment

Mote point for me as all I run at home is Linux on all desktops/servers/laptops/SBCs. Have no axe to grind. Use Windoze at work because I have to <shrug>. It's not horrible. Just not for me.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            I love Canonical and Microsoft!
            I love Ubuntu and Windows 11!
            At home I run Ubuntu which I am very pleased with, and at work we run Windows 11 which I am also very pleased with.
            lol troll only birdie does

Comment

The title alone is sure to get some folks going

Comment

I feel somewhat proud that in 17 posts I'm the first one to notice that they were using a Snap to show off systemd functionality on WLS2.

Comment

While there are certainly things to hate about this, we must remember the good side of this. The more Linux stuff MS adopts, the sooner it will be before MS gives up on Windows and becomes another Linux distro.

It is not impossible. And if it does happen, Wine may be greatly improved.

Comment

Poettering might want to have a chat with Miguel de Icaza about what it's like to get hired by MS and work on meaningless garbage for the rest of your career.

Maybe they'll drag him back out in another couple of years when they need a new "open source luminary" to proclaim that OOXML is pure genius, like they got de Icaza to do. Or they'll make him the head of everyone's favorite 'community' effort, the ".NET Foundation" for a bit, like they did with de Icaza.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      I feel somewhat proud that in 17 posts I'm the first one to notice that they were using a Snap to show off systemd functionality on WLS2.
                      Congrats Now you are over 9000.

Comment

Working...
                      X