X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cynic
    replied
    Originally posted by OmniNegro View Post
    The more Linux stuff MS adopts, the sooner it will be before MS gives up on Windows and becomes another Linux distro.
    I won't hold my breath on this, as it would be in contrast with the very essence of Microsoft.

It is far more probable that they'll use their dominant position on the desktop market to infiltrate Windows + WSL in the datacenter and, ultimately, gain market share in that area at the expense of other competitors.

Canonical is trying to save himself by being part of this plan but, at the end, they'll become irrilevant and will be the first "Linux vendor" to die.

Leave a comment:

• loganj
    replied
    they should just make a "linux version of windows"

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Still waiting for that LSW

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

The triad of evil only aligns once every 500 years. Now we will see The Eclipse & Gods Hand ;P
    We've got to use Eclipse now?

Leave a comment:

• You-
    replied
    I tried WSL once.

Lack of systemd was a deal breaker.

Leave a comment:

• vegabook
    replied
    Personally the only way I get to run Linux in a locked-down financial firm setting, multiple different places as a contractor, is WSL, and lack of Systemd was always the sticking point for server applications I needed in my dev environment. This will be of huge benefit for me.

Leave a comment:

• dragorth
    replied
    I am actually happy about this. I have been using Arch and NixOS on WSL as testing grounds for which is better for my use case, thus I have been using DistroD. This has been somewhat of a kludge in practice, so now more distros will be able to work on Windows. All good things.

Honestly, I am amazed at how well it is working as is, but improvement is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Originally posted by hamishmb View Post
    Wow, this is going to set the comments off! MS, Canonical, and systemd all in one post!
    The triad of evil only aligns once every 500 years. Now we will see The Eclipse & Gods Hand ;P

Leave a comment:

• bpetty
    replied
    Windows, the best way to run Linux.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

lol troll only birdie does
    Huh? Try some punctuation.

Leave a comment:

Working...