Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.0-rc5 Released After A Calm Week Of Kernel Development

Phoronix: Linux 6.0-rc5 Released After A Calm Week Of Kernel Development

Linus Torvalds has just announced Linux 6.0-rc5 as the latest test release of Linux 6.0 that is working its way toward a stable release in early October...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm glad to see that this RC mentions IOMMU drivers. I immediately went on and confirmed that this fix is in: https://github.com/torvalds/linux/co...d611c5d2b9b56a

The issue caused me to lose HDMI/DP audio outputs on Fedora with 5.19.8 with an RX 6600 XT. Funnily enough, the regression report mentions it should be broken for all 5.19.x, but it works with 5.19.7

Comment

Ah, those good old days when Phoronix used to benchmark the various kernel versions...

Comment

I recently set up btrfs raid 1 across 2x pcie4 for my boot drive and was disappointed in the read performance with encryption and compression (about 1 GBps read, 4 GBps write), so I was excited by the news of the performance increase in 6.0 and had to try the rc. I now get up to 4GBps read performance. On raid 0 on the same drives (no compression/encryption), I previously got around 2GBps read and now get 11GBps.

Comment

Working...
        X