Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short-Lived ASUS Sensors Linux Driver Being Removed In Favor Of Better Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisse
    replied
    Sadly I think this means I'll never see my PRIME X370-PRO getting proper sensors support in mainline Linux-kernel.

It was never supported by asus_wmi_ec_sensors because the BIOS didn't support wmi at the time the driver was developed, but a BIOS-update (not sure which exactly, but somewhat recent) added wmi-support so I'm pretty sure asus_wmi_ec_sensors could have supported this board if it was added to the driver.

Meanwhile, I don't expect the new ASUS_EC_Sensors will ever support this board.

Leave a comment:

• katt
    replied
    Looks like this new driver also has support for fans, hopefully I can finally ditch the it87 driver!

EDIT: I was mixing up asus and gigabyte drivers, guess I won't be ditching the it87 driver after all.
    Last edited by katt; 30 August 2022, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Short-Lived ASUS Sensors Linux Driver Being Removed In Favor Of Better Alternative

Phoronix: Short-Lived ASUS Sensors Linux Driver Being Removed In Favor Of Better Alternative

Mainlined to the Linux kernel less than one year ago was the "asus_wmi_ec_sensors" for supporting temperature / fan speed / CPU current sensor reading on a variety of newer ASUS motherboards. That driver is now being removed as a superior driver is taking over the ASUS motherboard sensor reading duties...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X