Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0-rc1 Released With Exciting Performance Optimizations, New Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by photographyskills View Post
    What does Linux do exactly? Is it like an MS-DOS for the modern ages? I remember playing games on DOS, that was fun... oh wait, you can't play games on Linux... my bad, sorry for bringing up that sore spot. Anyway, I'm sure Linux is really cool if you're just trying to learn how to type or something like that. Because it requires lots of typing right? Really cool.
    Please allow me to LoL this post.

the kid has no clue his photographic device depends on ... Linux! : lmao (this time)

Leave a comment:

• photographyskills
    replied
    What does Linux do exactly? Is it like an MS-DOS for the modern ages? I remember playing games on DOS, that was fun... oh wait, you can't play games on Linux... my bad, sorry for bringing up that sore spot. Anyway, I'm sure Linux is really cool if you're just trying to learn how to type or something like that. Because it requires lots of typing right? Really cool.

Leave a comment:

• NotMine999
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    I propose just put up to 6.9, then 7.0 to 7.9.
    And soon there will be Linux 11. After so much numbers, rename Linux to something else.

Jokes aside, I just hope RT stuff gets merged in 6.1 at least. Then after that, make Linux even more RT ready and merge upstream a lot sooner.
    By the time Linux gets to 11 it will be great cuz it goes to 11!

Leave a comment:

• arQon
    replied
    So many really good things that missed the cutoff again (I don't "need" MGLRU, but it's *so* valuable for systems that do), but at least they all seem to be continuing to make progress, so hopefully they'll get there soon.

Stateless HEVC support finally made it. Four years ago would have been a lot more useful, but again, it's progress. Now if ffmpeg steps up the Pi4 could finally start to live up to some of its launch day promises. (Not that you can buy them right now, unless you want to pay 5x base cost for one. bleh).

Leave a comment:

• binarybanana
    replied
    Linus confirmed for /b/tard.

Leave a comment:

• quaz0r
    replied
    I'ma 🧐

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    Let's hope MGLRU, preempt-rt and rust will make it for 6.1.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    I propose just put up to 6.9, then 7.0 to 7.9.
    And soon there will be Linux 11. After so much numbers, rename Linux to something else.

Jokes aside, I just hope RT stuff gets merged in 6.1 at least. Then after that, make Linux even more RT ready and merge upstream a lot sooner.

Leave a comment:

• fong38
    replied
    Big shame MGLRU still has not made its way into the kernel, it really is a game changer for low memory systems which swap a lot :/

Leave a comment:

• scottishduck
    replied
    Looking forward to linux 6.9

Leave a comment:

Working...
X