Python 3.11 Performance Benchmarks Are Looking Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanC View Post
    The game I play the most on my Android phone is written in Python.
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    No, you don't, and not it isn't.
    When you are going to deny what people see with their own eyes, you are just a religious fanatic who doesn’t believe in the truth…

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
      When you are going to deny what people see with their own eyes, you are just a religious fanatic who doesn’t believe in the truth…
      So what is this supposed Android game that is written in Python?

Comment

Originally posted by sinepgib View Post

To be fair, "decorator" is a more standard name for the feature, it comes from the old decorator pattern you would use in object oriented languages.
        That's true, but, in this case, given that Java's annotations apparently came first, and finding "decorator pattern" when looking for an equivalent to that syntax makes things more difficult, I think it was a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

That's true, but, in this case, given that Java's annotations apparently came first, and finding "decorator pattern" when looking for an equivalent to that syntax makes things more difficult, I think it was a bad idea.
          Yeah, it could make sense for the syntax part to have a different name. The implementation of a decorator in Python, tho, is the most literal application of the concept in terms of being a function taking a callable and returning another with added behavior.

Comment

I'd like to see some RAM usage benchmark too. Historically RAM usage has been a big issue for python. For some work you can afford to wait an 20-40% more time, but if you run out of system memory you just need a better machine (or money to scale up your paid hosted system).

Comment

Working...
            X