Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.19 Will Be Super Exciting For Intel Customers, Many Other Features Expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.19 Will Be Super Exciting For Intel Customers, Many Other Features Expected

Phoronix: Linux 5.19 Will Be Super Exciting For Intel Customers, Many Other Features Expected

Unless Linus Torvalds has reservations today about the changes to land in the kernel this past week and decides to issue an extra RC, Linux 5.18 is expected to be christened as stable today and that in turn will mark the start of the Linux 5.19 merge window. Based on the "-next" activity, here is a look at the many changes expected to be merged for Linux 5.19...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Did anyone got "AMD BRS" running? I tried it on my 5900x but it seems to be not supported. Does anyone have a list of the supported zen3 processors for this tool?

Regards.

Comment

I don't remember the last time I encountered a kernel update where not a single thing affects me or is likely to affect me in the next year. Not necessarily a bad thing - there are a lot of good changes here.

Comment

The last few kernels where very exciting ... 5.17 and 5.18 and now 5.19 just feel underwhelming for w.e reason

Comment

Originally posted by cytomax55 View Post
          The last few kernels where very exciting ... 5.17 and 5.18 and now 5.19 just feel underwhelming for w.e reason
          5.19 is the first kernel with proper Alder Lake support. That's pretty exciting, even if it's really a stain on Intel's reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

5.19 is the first kernel with proper Alder Lake support. That's pretty exciting, even if it's really a stain on Intel's reputation.
            how is it exciting? people who are likely to buy alder lake CPUs probably aren't going to care or even know about this "proper" support.

Comment

Working...
            X