Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 251 Released With systemd-sysupdate Introduced, Many Other Additions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Systemd 251 Released With systemd-sysupdate Introduced, Many Other Additions

    Phoronix: Systemd 251 Released With systemd-sysupdate Introduced, Many Other Additions

    Systemd 251 is officially out this Saturday as the first feature update to this Linux init system for 2022...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...px=systemd-251

  • #2
    But have they developed system-D-beer-D yet? My beer isn't going to maintain it's perfect icy cold temperature by itself, you know.

    Of course, they will have to develop beergroups to limit, account for, and isolate the beer usage in order to implement beer-D properly.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      But have they developed system-D-beer-D yet? My beer isn't going to maintain it's perfect icy cold temperature by itself, you know.

      Of course, they will have to develop beergroups to limit, account for, and isolate the beer usage in order to implement beer-D properly.
      First they should develop systemd-aid, so at least something near you has an intelligence of sorts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Microsoft engineers working on systemd. This seems like a perfect plot for a conspiracy theory story.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Microsoft engineers working on systemd. This seems like a perfect plot for a conspiracy theory story.
          Conspiracy? Microsoft internally uses a number of Linux distros (they have at least two of their own making), so they probably add features they need themselves.

          Should we cry foul that many open source projects are compiled and distributed for Windows? Web browsers, Blender, LibreOffice, etc.? Is this a conspiracy as well?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            Microsoft engineers working on systemd. This seems like a perfect plot for a conspiracy theory story.
            Microsoft secretly wants Linux to become more bloated, so that it will stop having the edge over Windows in performance benchmarks and people will stop switching to Linux for performance reasons
            Last edited by user1; 21 May 2022, 01:58 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by user1 View Post

              Microsoft secretly wants Linux to become more bloated, so that it will stop having the edge over Windows in performance benchmarks and people will stop switching to Linux for performance reasons
              I know this was meant to be a joke but absolute most people who switch to Linux from Windows don't care about performance one bit.

              They care ... I'm not even sure about that. To this date I've heard very few solid rational arguments, most often such people talk about "privacy" (the truth is as a Linux user you're a lot more conspicuous and have less privacy due to e.g. your unique webbrowser user agent - as a Windows user you're a lot less unique and lost between very similar one billion devices).

              Comment


              • #8
                Sysupdate sounds like an abomination...

                Originally posted by birdie View Post

                I know this was meant to be a joke but absolute most people who switch to Linux from Windows don't care about performance one bit.

                They care ... I'm not even sure about that. To this date I've heard very few solid rational arguments, most often such people talk about "privacy" (the truth is as a Linux user you're a lot more conspicuous and have less privacy due to e.g. your unique webbrowser user agent - as a Windows user you're a lot less unique and lost between very similar one billion devices).
                On windows 10 and up you are part of the US/UN/EU/AU... mass surveillance network on the kernel level. On linux, at least if you pick a decent distro, you're not having absolutely all data on your computer leaked 24/7, just what you do in your browser, and you can quite easily spoof your browser user agent and take a ton of other steps to make yourself either less unique or harder to identify.
                Last edited by rabcor; 21 May 2022, 02:26 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by birdie View Post

                  They care ... I'm not even sure about that.
                  Haven't you seen at least some people saying that Linux has brought a new life into their old computer? (when using a lightweight distro with DE like Mate or Xfce ofc). I hear such story at least once in a while.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                    Sysupdate sounds like an abomination...



                    On windows 10 and up you are part of the US/UN/EU/AU... mass surveillance network on the kernel level. On linux, at least if you pick a decent distro, you're not having absolutely all data on your computer leaked 24/7, just what you do in your browser, and you can quite easily spoof your browser user agent and take a ton of other steps to make yourself either less unique or harder to identify.
                    MOAR CONSPIRACIES PLEASE.

                    Lunatics are everywhere.
                    • Pretty much all the governments in the world use Windows which means they are willingly leaking private info to Microsoft/the US government, right?
                    • Pretty much all the intelligence agencies of the world use Windows which means they are willingly leaking state secrets to Microsoft/the US government, right?
                    • Pretty much all the serious businesses of the world use Windows and MacOS (to a much less extent) which means they are willingly leaking trade secrets to Microsoft/the US government, right?
                    • Windows leaking any info has not been conclusively proven even once during its entire lifetime. I mean you can have all the tools, sniffing, Wireshark, virtual machines, etc. Where are all the proofs??
                    Ah, never mind.
                    Last edited by birdie; 21 May 2022, 03:10 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X