X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by bachchain View Post

I'm more annoyed about how the name says absolutely nothing about what the thing even is beyond "it's a security protocol".
    I can't help but read that in the Ralph Wiggum voice. I assume that Google assumes that we'll assume that because it's from Google it should be good.

I still prefer my Poppy Security Protocol.

STUFT. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words but you only need the one.

Leave a comment:

• partcyborg
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Nice click-bait...

Guess PSP means 3 things now:
    - Platform Security Processor
    - PSP Security Protocol
    - PlayStation Portable

Only one of them has a screen.
    You forgot PodSecurityPolicy (a kubernetes pod security profile)

Leave a comment:

• jaxa
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Are you freaking kidding me? P stands for PSP and SP stands for Security Protocol so the full name is PSP Security Protocol.

I need to get me some money from the ATM Teller Machine to buy a CPU Processing Unit from the AMD Micro Devices. Later tonight I'm gonna watch me a movie offa this here DVD Video Disk, boy howdy.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

Except GNU actually tells you what it is in historical context. It's the GNU project's software environment that's not UNIX (all caps back then). PSP in this case is so generic as to being useless even in the software security field. No one is going to associate "PSP" with Google even if it's "Google PSP". They'll automatically think AMD or Sony firmware rewrites from Google under license.
    I was responding to this part:

I need to get me some money from the ATM Teller Machine to buy a CPU Processing Unit from the AMD Micro Devices. Later tonight I'm gonna watch me a movie offa this here DVD Video Disk, boy howdy.

Leave a comment:

• stormcrow
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

...and it was apparently already a tradition by the time "GNU's Not Unix" was chosen.
    Except GNU actually tells you what it is in historical context. It's the GNU project's software environment that's not UNIX (all caps back then). PSP in this case is so generic as to being useless even in the software security field. No one is going to associate "PSP" with Google even if it's "Google PSP". They'll automatically think AMD or Sony firmware rewrites from Google under license.
    Last edited by stormcrow; 19 May 2022, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

this is a common thing, Wine curl jack lame etc.
    ...and it was apparently already a tradition by the time "GNU's Not Unix" was chosen.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Google Makes Public Their
    This no good English.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied

It's a long list. They included the 6502 Push Stack Pointer instruction but missed the PIC microcontroller's Parallel Slave Port.
    Last edited by bridgman; 19 May 2022, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    To me PSP=PlayStation Portable, always

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Are you freaking kidding me? P stands for PSP and SP stands for Security Protocol so the full name is PSP Security Protocol.

this is a common thing, Wine curl jack lame etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X