MGLRU Revved Once More For Promising Linux Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGLRU Revved Once More For Promising Linux Performance Improvements

Phoronix: MGLRU Revved Once More For Promising Linux Performance Improvements

Multi-Gen LRU (MGLRU) remains a very promising effort for enhancing Linux system performance and particularly about providing a superior experience when the Linux kernel is dealing with system memory pressure. MGLRU v11 was posted this week while we await to see if it will be mainlined come the v5.19 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

really hope for this to become mainlined and maybe default? it looks like to have no disadvantages?

Comment

It is supposed to land in 5.19 and sits in one of the trees to get some testing, hopefully it will be pulled eventually once the new merge window opens. The chances are good this time. *fingers crossed*

Comment

So will this finally fix the age old issues with really crap behavior under high memory pressure? Linux has been plagued by this since basically forever! I hope it actually will be merged.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
          So will this finally fix the age old issues with really crap behavior under high memory pressure? Linux has been plagued by this since basically forever! I hope it actually will be merged.
          I'm using xanmod, which includes these patches, and it is indeed much better. My guess from the discussion on v10 patches is that it won't be in 5.19 mainline, though.

Comment

Does desktop Linux users also benefit from these improvement?

Comment

How can I download the actual patchset from the mailing list?

Comment

Working...
              X