Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL 2.0.22 Released With New APIs, Continued Wayland Work

Phoronix: SDL 2.0.22 Released With New APIs, Continued Wayland Work

SDL 2.0.22 is now officially out as the newest version of this widely-used library by multi-platform games and other software for abstracting various input, graphics, and other system details...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    floating point rectangle functions,
    I thought SDL_FRect and SDL_RenderCopyF were a thing since 2.0.1x?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Hmm, I often find myself coupling it with glm (in particular vec4).

So val.z is width and of course annoyingly val.w is height

Comment

> new APIs sought after by developers for returning the renderer associated with a window

You... what?

Someone's gonna have to explain that one to me. If you don't know what renderer your window's using, you've got a problem; and if it's not your window, it's not your business.

Short of some kind of hack for third-party code I can't think of any good reason for this, and even then I'd expect the library/whatever to either implicitly match because it was built to be used in that project in the first place; or to be told at the time you init it / give it a window handle.

Overlays, maybe? Whatever the cause, this looks bizarre enough to be interesting somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

They were, but this adds the previously missing SDL_FRect calls corresponding to the rest of the SDL_Rect API (intersections, union, point-in-rect, equailty/empty checks, etc) which makes it easier to switch everything to FRect.

Comment

Working...
          X